Je nach System erscheint bei Ubuntu nach dem Installieren manchmal die Fehlermeldung „perl: warning: Setting locale failed“ im Terminal. Dies erscheint z.B. wenn die eingestellte Sprache nicht verfügbar ist.

dpkg-reconfigure locales

ergibt eine Liste mit den verfügbaren LOCALE

Es erscheint eine Ausgabe wie z.B.:

perl: warning: Please check that your locale settings:
LANGUAGE = (unset),
LC_ALL = (unset),
LANG = „de_DE.UTF-8“
are supported and installed on your system.

Die Fehlenden Pakete können nachinstalliert werden mit:

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install language-pack-de language-pack-de-base language-support-de

Damit sollte das Problem behoben sein.

Ein erneutes dpkg-reconfigure locales

gibt nun je nach Einstellungen folgendes aus

de_AT.UTF-8… up-to-date
de_BE.UTF-8… up-to-date
de_CH.UTF-8… up-to-date
de_DE.UTF-8… up-to-date
de_LI.UTF-8… up-to-date
de_LU.UTF-8… up-to-date

Dieser Artikel ist lizenziert unter einer Creative Commons Namensnennung 3.0 Deutschland Lizenz.

1 Comment

  1. I had similar prmobels, to the point where I couldn’t run deluge( torrent client). It terminated with the error : locale::facet::_S_create_c_locale name not valid .I tried your export suggestion, but it was not enough. After a lot of fruitless mucking around, I examined my /etc/default/locale file & noticed that LANG was defined as en_GB.UTF-8:en so I changed that to just the UTF-8 locale. Lo! & Behold deluge is fine & no more errors. I think it may have been caused by a dodgy update script, as its only just happened today.I must also say Roll on, Gnome-Shell 3.2 for Wheezy , because right now in Wheezy we’ve got Gnome 3 sans extensions, which must be the worst of both worlds